Sunday, March 18, 2007

Introducing Pixelframe

In Trac(k)ing I mentioned the "secret project" I was working on. Well I have decided its time to let the world know what it is, even though its not finished yet.

Its called Pixelframe.

Pixelframe is meant to be a lightweight image gallery. It uses PHP for the backend and my custom javascript toolkit ( called Juice ) for frontend effects and ajax requests. Juice will also be released seperately once it is done. Pixelframe is easy to setup and use and doesn't have ( and won't have ) a lot of features. It is purposely made to be featureless. For description and development status check the Pixelframe page on Google code .

For now those interested can check out the latest bug free build which has the backend almost implemented. --> Demo

Friday, March 09, 2007

Its a flatscreen

I got a new monitor. Its my first flatscreen, a 17 inch Viewsonic VA1703wb. As I am no display expert all I can say is that its good enough and saves a lot of space! Now if only I could get Xorg to support its highest resolution 1440x900

Monday, March 05, 2007


Recently I discovered the Trac SCM for project management. And its really great. Especially for lone developer projects.
  1. It has a inbuilt server, so know need to configure Apache for mod_python.
  2. Good offline documentation embedded within the project
  3. Small download size
  4. Simple setup for projects
  5. SVN browsing and good diffs
  6. Wiki feature allow TODO list maintenance
The last is particularly useful when you have been storing TODOs in your SVN commits till now :D.

So I am using Trac for both ColourCode and my secret project(soon to be revealed), and I am loving it.

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Ambigram Paranoia

Here it is, an ambigram after a Long... time. Its paranoia. And its brought to you by the all new Inkscape with Gaussian blur and more cool stuff.

OOPS: When you rotate it the shadow's in the wrong direction :(

Friday, March 02, 2007

Learning the hard way

I have come acrooss some rare occasions in programming in which the language/environment/common sense really wants you to learn after literally breaking you head. Thats what happened today in a javascript app I am doing (Shh! Its still a secret). For 2 days I have been trying to use everything I know to clean up a problem I was having with every node firing the event when only one should've been. That was until I realised it was due to this small error hiding in the corner.

window.addEventListener instead of this.addEventListener

So note to self, PAY ATTENTION